Project-based learning or PBL is a methodology that challenges students to become protagonists of their own learning through the development of projects that respond to real-life problems.
Some of the benefits that I find in this methodology are:
1. It motivates students to learn (thanks to the teacher, who is the one who encourage their curiosity).
2. Develops their autonomy (they are the protagonists of the process because they are in charge of planning, deciding and preparing the project).
3. It develops their self-critical spirit (by evaluating their own work and detecting the aspects that need to be improved).
4. Strengthens their capacities for ideas and collaboration, debate and agree on decisions with the group.
5. Facilitates their media and information literacy (they develop the ability to search, select, and analyze information).
6. Promotes creativity (they can make videos, brochures or any other element that supports their work).
7. Attend to diversity (stimulates all types of students).
Would you use this methodology for your classes? Leave me your comment below with your opinion